Hickory Street Bridge
The Hickory Street Bridge is located in the City of Johnstown, Cambria County and carries the roadway over the Stoneycreek River. The 230 foot span structure is a steel thru-truss constructed in 1937. Rehabilitation activities included:
- Replacement of the truss bearings
- Painting of the superstructure
- Replacement of the bridge deck and sidewalk slabs, stringers, sidewalk brackets and sidewalk floor system
- Strengthening the floor beams and minor repairs to the truss members and gusset plates
- New approach pavement, approach slabs, ADA-compliant sidewalks and ramps, and bridge lighting
The Hickory Street Bridge was reopened to traffic in November 2014.