SR 0070-W31 3.3 Mile Interstate Reconstruction Project
The SR 0070-W31 project is located between the I-70/I-79 South Junction Interchange and the I-70/SR 0519 Interchange in South Strabane Township, Washington County.
The project includes:
- Full depth reconstruction of the existing roadway including the widening of the 4 foot median with concrete barrier to a 10 foot median with concrete barrier and the widening of the 10 foot outside shoulders to 12 foot outside shoulders.
- Acceleration and deceleration lane upgrades
- Realignment of T-574 (Wilson Road)
- Relocation of approximately 2,650 feet of a tributary to Little Chartiers Creek
- Mitigation for a Pennsylvania Threatened/Endangered Plant and Phase III Archaeological Data Recovery.
Two lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained throughout the construction phase of this project.
The SR 0070-W31 project was joined with the adjacent SR 0070-T10 project as a combined let with construction cost of $144,000,000. The project was let in May 2016 and construction will be completed in Fall of 2019.
Indiana County Transit Authority City of Indiana, Indiana County, PA
St. Vincent College Unity Township, Westmoreland County, PA
Indian Ridge – Residential Land Development North Strabane Township, Washington County, PA
Arbor Trail – Residential Land Development Robinson Township, Allegheny County, PA
View All Projects