SR 0070-W31 3.3 Mile Interstate Reconstruction Project
The SR 0070-W31 project is located between the I-70/I-79 South Junction Interchange and the I-70/SR 0519 Interchange in South Strabane Township, Washington County.
The project includes:
- Full depth reconstruction of the existing roadway including the widening of the 4 foot median with concrete barrier to a 10 foot median with concrete barrier and the widening of the 10 foot outside shoulders to 12 foot outside shoulders.
- Acceleration and deceleration lane upgrades
- Realignment of T-574 (Wilson Road)
- Relocation of approximately 2,650 feet of a tributary to Little Chartiers Creek
- Mitigation for a Pennsylvania Threatened/Endangered Plant and Phase III Archaeological Data Recovery.
Two lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained throughout the construction phase of this project.
The SR 0070-W31 project was joined with the adjacent SR 0070-T10 project as a combined let with construction cost of $120,000,000. The project was let in August 2016 and construction will be completed in Fall of 2019.