SR 0031 Section X10 2.6 Mile Highway Reconstruction
This project is located between Pennsylvania Turnpike Exit 91 Interchange and the intersection of SR 0031 & SR 0381 South/SR 0711 South/SR 2031 in Donegal Borough and Donegal Township, Westmoreland County.
The project scope is to reconstruct this section of SR 0031 to meet current design criteria and provide safety and operation improvements throughout the corridor. These improvements include:
- Increasing lane widths through the corridor
- Adding turns lanes at intersections
- Increasing distance between Donegal Interchange toll booths and the SR 0031 intersection, and converting intersection to a Continuous T configuration
- Flattening vertical curves to improve sight distance
- Converting offset intersections to conventional plus layouts
- Four stormwater ponds
- Offsite wetland and stream mitigation sites
- Riparian plantings along existing streams
One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times during construction. For sections being milled and overlaid, short-term traffic control will be utilized.
The project is scheduled for a let in late 2016.
Indiana County Transit Authority City of Indiana, Indiana County, PA
St. Vincent College Unity Township, Westmoreland County, PA
Indian Ridge – Residential Land Development North Strabane Township, Washington County, PA
Arbor Trail – Residential Land Development Robinson Township, Allegheny County, PA
View All Projects